Teach Malaysia Teach is a nation-building initiative that brings together children in need of education and volunteers who can contribute a little time towards teaching them.
The idea was mooted by the belief that 21st century learning is not dependent on the TEACHER and that Children learn better in an autonomous, independent environment. The motion that TEACHER IS THE MONOPOLY OF KNOWLEDGE has already been disrupted by current events that are shaping the 21st century. Instead of being an agent to disseminate knowledge, the teacher is compelled to become a strategic partner with child in the learning process.
The teaching fraternity in the Teach Malaysia Teach Project have been advised ‘NOT TO TEACH’ (as in normal classroom teaching) but to participate along with the children in a dynamic learning environment.
How Do We Work?
The TMT resource centre works with volunteers from all walks of life. They can be professionals, university students, young trainees from teacher training institutions and others!
The pool of resource people that we have develop self instructional modules that would become the learning resources. The modules are not about academic / traditional subjects. They are developed based on topics that could interact the child – from environmental issues, sustainable development, self-grooming, social interaction, current affairs to filial piety. The learners are encourage to use technology to do research and brainstorm independently to come out with their own innovations and interpretation. They are given the freedom to experiment their hypothesis by using scientific methodologies and tools.
The Target Group
- 10 or 11 years old children
- Underprivileged family background
- Children with poor academic performance
- Started in 2013 in Penang
- Expanded to Perak, Kedah and Pahang
- 3,910 students have benefited
Develop self-esteem for the under privileged children through :
- Communication skill- English language.
- Introduction to new knowledge.
- Social skills.
- Building spirit of social integration.
- Instilling positive and constructive values
Develop spirit of voluntarism among youth, undergraduates & professionals:
- Recruit, train and engage 250 youth, undergraduates & professionals to teach and guide the under privileged children
Create awareness on child development among parents:
- Conduct awareness and guidance sessions for parents on child psychology and child development.
1. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN TAMAN INDERAWASIH
2. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN SEBERANG JAYA 2
3. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN SUNGAI GELUGOR
4. SEKOLAH JENIS KEBANGSAAN TAMIL LADANG MAYFIELD
1. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN HUTAN MELINTANG
2. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN TUN DR.ISMAIL
3. SEKOLAH JENIS KEBANGSAAN TAMIL TUN SAMBATHAN
1. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN BALING
2. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN PAYA BESAR
3. SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN TAMAN RIA